SC Viktoria 06 Griesheim

SC Viktoria 06 Griesheim is a German football club based in Griesheim football referee uniforms, Hesse.

Founded in 1906 the club enjoyed some of its best seasons through the 70s and 80s. In 1973 they advanced to the Landesliga Hessen-Süd (IV) and in their fourth season of play there emerged as champions to earn promotion to the Oberliga Hessen (III). Three seasons later in 1980–81, Viktoria Griesheim claimed the championship in that division, in a year when no promotion places were available to the Oberliga champions. That was the pinnacle as the club’s achievement as they began a slide that led to an 18th place finish and relegation in 1988. Griesheim returned to the Oberliga for a single season appearances in 1991 and 2004 great water bottles, but both campaigns also ended in a last place finish and relegation.

The clubplayed in the Verbandsliga Hessen-Süd (VI) as an upper table side until 2012 when a league title meant another promotion.

The club’s honours:

The recent season-by-season performance of the club:

Gary Graham (musician)

Gary Graham ONL fabric stores, is a Canadian musician born in Wolfville Nova Scotia. His early musical education began at the Banff Centre while still a teenager and continued at the Music School of Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, and later at McGill University in Montreal

Argentina Home BANEGA 19 Jerseys

Argentina Home BANEGA 19 Jerseys




A long-time resident of Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Graham was the founding musical director of Theatre Newfoundland and Labrador, he has directed several dozen musical theatre productions over the years. He worked as the musical director of the Stephenville festival during its heyday under the direction of Maxim Mazumdar, directing top notch professional casts here at home in Newfoundland and on national and international tours. Graham has devoted most of his adult life to the success of the careers of hundreds of amateur performers. As a choral director Graham is well decorated. His choirs have received prizes at the regional, provincial, national and international levels. He has toured his choirs across both sides for the Atlantic receiving some of the highest honours available to amateur choral groups. As a teacher of performance, Graham’s students have established thriving careers at the highest levels in Canada, the U

Colombia 2016 Home MOJICA 14 Jerseys

Colombia 2016 Home MOJICA 14 Jerseys



.S. and Europe t shirt soccer. Graham was invested as a member of the Order of Newfoundland and Labrador in 2004 for his role in the development of the musical, cultural and artistic life on the West Coast of the province.


KXII, VHF digital channel 12, is a CBS-affiliated television station located in Sherman, Texas, United States which also serves Ada and Ardmore, Oklahoma, and Denison, Texas. The station is owned by Gray Television. KXII maintains studios located on Texoma Parkway (SH 91) in Sherman, and its transmitter is located southwest of Madill, Oklahoma. The station’s signal is relayed on low-power translator station KXIP-LD (channel 12) in Paris, Texas.

The station first signed on the air on August 12, 1956 as KVSO-TV, originally licensed to Ardmore, Oklahoma. The station’s original owners also owned local radio station KVSO (1240 AM) and the The Daily Ardmoreite newspaper. Channel 12 originally operated as an NBC affiliate; unable to afford a network feed, station engineers switched to and from the signal of WKY-TV (now KFOR-TV) in Oklahoma City whenever NBC programming was being broadcast. The station often carried some of WKY’s non-network programming as well. In late 1958, the station was sold to Texoma Broadcasting and its call letters were changed to KXII (signifying the Roman numeral for 12).

In 1959, a tornado collapsed the station’s transmission tower – located north of Ardmore in the Arbuckle Mountains at a site formerly used to transmit KVSO-FM – sparing the life of transmitter engineer Chester Rollins. A new transmitter and tower was later constructed near Madill, about 25 miles (40 km) southeast of Ardmore in order to provide better reception to viewers in Durant and across the Red River to the Sherman/Denison, Texas area. Beginning in 1960, the station became a primary NBC affiliate, and added a secondary affiliation with CBS. CBS fare on channel 12 consisted mainly of daytime programs and sports coverage (such as NFL football).

During the 1960s and early 1970s, most CBS programming was fed to cable subscribers in the Texoma area via affiliates in surrounding markets including KWTV in Oklahoma City, KAUZ-TV in Wichita Falls, and KRLD-TV (now KDFW-TV, currently a Fox owned-and-operated station) in Dallas-Fort Worth. KXII’s direct competitor, Ada-based KTEN (channel 10) was a primary ABC affiliate, but also carried NBC programming through a secondary affiliation. Though KXII and KTEN were considered direct competitors, both stations had considerable differences in fringe signal coverage for many years due to the 50-mile (80 km) distances between the two stations’ transmitters at Madill and Ada Print Sexy Dresses. This meant that viewers within the a 25-mile (40 km) radius of KXII’s transmitter at Madill, including Ardmore and Durant, were actually on the southern fringe of KTEN’s broadcast signal, which resulted in poorer over-the-air reception on channel 10 than channel 12. Channel 10 did not even reach viewers in the Sherman-Denison area or other portions of north Texas served by KXII.

Similarly, KTEN’s city of license, Ada, was in the northern fringe of KXII’s signal coverage, resulting in poor over-the-air reception of channel 12. To better compete with KXII, KTEN moved its transmitter in 1984 from Ada to a location near Bromide, which enabled better over-the-air reception to locations in far southern Oklahoma near the Red River and now expanded to serve Sherman, Denison and other cities in north Texas. KTEN also adopted KXII’s mode of operating more than one studio by adding operations in Ardmore and Denison, and later relocating the main studios from Ada to Denison.

Starting with the 1974-1975 fall season, KXII’s program schedule included a larger proportion of CBS programming including most of the network’s daytime shows, many prime-time programs and most of its sports programming. This made channel 12 a hybrid station with almost half the programming of both NBC and CBS airing for a few years. As KXII shifted its primary source of network programming from NBC to CBS in the mid-1970s belt for running, KTEN added a larger proportion of NBC programs to its daytime and primetime schedule, becoming a similar hybrid ABC and NBC station in the process. In 1977, channel 12 shifted its primary network affiliation to CBS and became an exclusive affiliate of the network in 1985 when the last NBC program on KXII’s schedule, Today, was replaced by CBS This Morning. Today then moved to KTEN, which shifted its primary affiliation to NBC, eventually becoming that station’s exclusive affiliation in 1998. Since the late 1990s, the two-station Sherman/Ada market has been represented entirely by one-network stations (not including digital subchannels). Throughout 2006, the station celebrated its 50th anniversary.

The station’s digital channel is multiplexed:

KXII operates two network-affiliated digital subchannels: KXII-DT 12.2 launched in July 2006, carrying programming from UPN (and branded as “UPN Texoma”). This programming switched to its affiliation to MyNetworkTV when UPN ceased operations on September 15 (the latter network, as well as The WB, were shut down and replaced by The CW – whose affiliation went to KTEN for its second digital subchannel). It has also added programming from Fox on its third digital subchannel, which also signed on in 2006.

KXII discontinued regular programming on its analog signal, over VHF channel 12, on February 6, 2009. The station’s digital signal relocated from its pre-transition UHF channel 20 to VHF channel 12 for post-transition operations.

KXII’s syndicated offerings includes The Good Wife, Criminal Minds, Two and a Half Men, Ellen, and Live! with Kelly among others. The former three air first run episodes.

KXII presently broadcasts 22 hours of locally produced newscasts each week (with four hours on weekdays and one hour each on Saturdays and Sundays); in addition, KXII produces the public affairs program News 12 Forum, which airs on Sunday mornings at 6 a.m. KXII maintains a Doppler weather radar located in Madill, Oklahoma, and also utilizes radar data from National Weather Service radars located near Dallas and Wichita Falls, Texas, Oklahoma City and Fort Smith, Arkansas.

KXII’s news department began with the station’s 1956 sign-on, originally based from the station’s original Ardmore studios. In 1960, the station opened new facilities along U.S. Highway 75, halfway between Sherman and Denison, which later became the station’s main studios. In 1977, KXII relocated its Ardmore facility from Lincoln Center on West Main Street, and opened a new bureau on South Commerce Street in Ardmore; this location is still in use today in conjunction with the Sherman/Denison facility. As a dual NBC and CBS affiliate in 1974, the station switched its network evening newscast from NBC Nightly News to the CBS Evening News in the 5:30 p.m. timeslot, followed by its 6 p.m. local newscast. In September 2006, KXII debuted an all-new set for its newscasts (as well as a new graphics package) which replaced the previous set that had been in use since 1995. In November 2015, KXII updated its set and debuted a new news music package.

The station debuted its weekday morning newscast, First News AM in 2001 as an hour-long broadcast from 6 to 7 a.m., the program was expanded to 90 minutes (at 5:30 a.m.) in 2006 and an extra five minutes was added to the program two years later following the retirement of anchor Norman Bennett; the morning newscast was rebranded as News 12 AM in 2013, and now airs weekdays from 5-7 a.m. On April 20, 2010, KXII became the first television station in the Ada-Sherman market (and the third station in Oklahoma, behind KFOR-TV in Oklahoma City and KJRH-TV in Tulsa) to begin broadcasting its local newscasts in high definition. Both the Sherman and Ardmore studios have been equipped with high definition cameras and broadcast equipment. On April 29, 2013, KXII began producing an hour-long weekday morning newscast at 7 a.m., titled News 12 Good Day, which aired on 12.3 KXIIFOX and competed with CBS This Morning on the station’s main channel. News 12 Good Day was canceled in 2015. News 12 AM now airs from 5:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. on the stations main CBS channel and simulcasts on 12.3 KXIIFOX.

Edward of Aberdeen

Edward [Ēadweard, Eadward, Édouard, Étbard] was a 12th-century prelate based in Scotland. He occurs in the records for the first time as Bishop of Aberdeen in a document datable to some point between 1147 and 1151. His immediate predecessor, as far as the records are concerned, was Bishop Nechtán. The latter can be shown to have been active at least between 1131 and 1132, and possibly as late as 1137. Edward’s accession must have occurred, then, sometime between 1131 and 1151, with a date after the 1130s more likely than not.

Edward witnessed charters of Kings David I, Máel Coluim IV and William the Lion. Bishop Edward was the recipient of a Bull, dated August 10, 1157, of Pope Adrian IV, confirming the possessions of the diocese of Aberdeen and authorising the bishop to appoint at his own discretion either monastic or secular canons to staff his cathedral. This to some extent marks Bishop Edward as a founding father figure for the bishopric, though he was not the first bishop. His name meat pounder substitute, Edward, may indicate an Anglo-Norman or even an Anglo-Saxon origin, though this cannot be taken with certainty, as the name was associated with the saintly and famous Normanised English King Edward the Confessor, and had been the name of a son of King Máel Coluim III mac Donnchada. Nevertheless football shirts england, if the former is the case, he is the first non-native Scot to ascend the bishopric of Aberdeen.

It is possible, if not likely, that Edward was the Chancellor of that name who served King David I in the 1140s. Edward’s death, recorded in the Chronicle of Melrose, occurred in 1171. He was succeeded by Matthew.


Isopogon adenanthoides

Atylus adenanthoides (Meisn.) Kuntze

Isopogon adenanthoides, commonly known as the spider coneflower, is a small shrub that is endemic to the south-west of Western Australia. It is usually between 0.3 and 1 metre high and produces pink to purple flowers between June and October in the species native range.

The species was first formally described by botanist Carl Meissner in Hooker’s Journal of Botany and Kew Garden Miscellany in 1855. In 1891 bib belt running, German botanist Otto Kuntze published Revisio generum plantarum, his response to what he perceived as a lack of method in existing nomenclatural practice. Because Isopogon was based on Isopogon anemonifolius official sports jerseys, and that species had already been placed by Richard Salisbury in the segregate genus Atylus in 1807, Kuntze revived the latter genus on the grounds of priority, and made the new combination Atylus adenanthoides for this species how do meat tenderizers work. However, Kuntze’s revisionary program was not accepted by the majority of botanists aluminum water bottles safe. Ultimately, the genus Isopogon was nomenclaturally conserved over Atylus by the International Botanical Congress of 1905.

Hyloxalus infraguttatus

Vous pouvez partager vos connaissances en l’améliorant (comment ?) selon les recommandations du projet Herpétologie.

Nom binominal

Hyloxalus infraguttatus
(Boulenger, 1898)


Statut de conservation UICN

( NT )1 500 m d’altitude :

Les mâles mesurent de 16,7 à 20,5 mm et les femelles de 19,5 à 23,4 mm where can i find glass bottles.

Sur les autres projets Wikimedia :


Digital8 (or D8) is a consumer digital recording videocassette for camcorders based on the 8 mm video format developed by Sony, and introduced in 1999.

The Digital8 format is a combination of the older Hi8 tape transport with the DV codec. Digital8 equipment uses the same videocassettes as analog recording Hi8 equipment pink socks for football, but differs in that the signal is not analog audio/analog video, but is encoded digitally (using the industry-standard DV codec.) Since Digital8 uses the DV codec, it has identical digital audio and digital video specifications.

To facilitate digital recording on existing Hi8 videocassettes the helical scan video head drum spins 2.5× faster. For both NTSC and PAL Digital8 equipment, a standard-length 120-minute NTSC/90-minute PAL Hi8 magnetic tape cassette will store 60 minutes of Digital8 video (Standard Play) or 90 minutes (Long Play). LP is model specific, such as the TRV-30, TRV-40, and others. Digital8 recordings can be made on standard-grade Video8 cassettes, but this practice is discouraged in the Sony user manuals. Hi8 metal-particle cassettes are the recommended type for Digital8 recording, and most tapes currently sold are marked for both Hi8 and Digital8 usage.

Contrary to popular perception, the Digital8 format is not technically inferior to miniDV—both are identical at the bitstream level. From a user standpoint, Digital8 is DV (or rather, equivalent to and compatible with consumer miniDV.) At an application level (for example, in a 1394/Firewire link), a Digital8 camcorder appears and behaves exactly like a Mini DV camcorder.

Digital8 and Mini DV use different, non-interchangeable cassette media, with Digital8 cassettes being the physically larger of the two. The two formats may also use different media formulations: Digital8 can use metal-particle or metal-evaporated media, while miniDV is based solely on metal-evaporated media. The maximum recording time for Digital8 and MiniDV is 135 minutes and 130 minutes, respectively, using D-90 and DVM-85 tapes. These extra-thin, extra-long tapes are rare and expensive.

In addition, Digital8 uses tape at 29mm per second; more like the higher-end DVCAM (28mm/s) and DVCPRO (34mm/s). MiniDV uses tape at 19mm/s. According to Sony’s press release of January 7, 1999, for the MiniDV format one frame is recorded onto 10 tracks, with the Digital8 format one frame’s worth of information is recorded vertically onto 25 tracks. The use of this recording method enables digital images to be recorded on a Hi8 tape.

While analog Hi8 video enjoyed widespread use by amateur home video, current affairs TV programs, and some professional news organizations, Digital8 seems to remain strictly a consumer (amateur) product. This is likely a reflection of Sony’s design and market objectives for Digital8 format: to serve as a lower cost upgrade path for current customers (from analog 8 mm), by leveraging existing manufacturing infrastructure of 8 mm video equipment, and offering a familiar media format but with digital capabilities. Furthermore, Digital8 was released some time after miniDV, giving the rival DV format a lead in the professional market. While little or no Digital8 equipment has been produced for the professional market, there are no technical barriers opposing its development. In fact, Digital8 cameras have been used on the professional side of the film/TV business; example, Hall of Mirrors, The Movie.

The future of the Digital 8 format is in question. As of 2004, Sony, the format’s original backer, was the only company still producing Digital8 equipment, and had no plans to develop new Digital 8 cameras.[citation needed] Hitachi marketed a few Digital8 camcorders for a while but no longer did so by that point. As of 2005 and later, the Digital8 product line caters purely to the entry-level consumer. This is most likely because the larger, bulkier Digital8 cassette is perceived as an inferior technology waterproof dry case,[speculation?] even though the Digital8 and DV formats offer indistinguishable A/V performance. In fact, the larger 8mm format is more robust, laying down wider tracks. Most, though not all, Digital8 camcorders can play back analogue Video8 and Hi8 tapes. As well as camcorders, Sony also released Digital8 Video Walkman Portables, the GV-D200 and GV-D800.

In the early years after Digital8’s introduction, Sony sold a product line with coverage from entry level to high-end consumer (“prosumer.”) Although Sony never marketed by entry level or prosumer, there is, in fact, such variation. The more consumer oriented line uses a 1/6″ CCD and the more prosumer line uses a 1/4″ one. Both have existed from the beginning, but the 1/4″ CCD models were quietly dropped at some point in time. (NOTE: The following information is general. See the owner’s manual for the most accurate information on a given model.)

Some models allow an LP recording mode, thus giving 90 minutes on a standard Hi8 tape. Examples are the 2003 TRV-150, 250, 350, and 351 models. Interestingly, the owner’s manual is the same for all of these models AND the TRV-118, 318, and 418 Hi8 versions. Both general variants use a tiny 3mm CCD, although the pixel count varies between the Digital8 (460K) and the Hi8 (320K) models.

Although the 1/4″ CCD models are fully capable of taking a still photo, that is a secondary function and they lack the Sony Memory Stick feature to off-load the jpeg images. Most of the entry level and later models focused on features such as better quality still pictures (see below), off-loading the same via Sony Memory Sticks, and more programming selections. The combining of still image and video capture is now common, however a good still image CCD has different qualities from a good video CCD. The cameras also lost features generally appealing to a prosumer level customer. The 1999 TRV-310, for instance, has the 1/4″ CCD,a full 3.5″ LCD screen, now only found on the very professional Sony miniDV models, an f1.4 lens, variable shutter speed settings, manual focus, and other professional controls. The lens on a typical 1/6″ CCD is f1.8, about 60% as fast as an f1.4. The TRV-310, has a 1/4″ CCD with a pixel count of 460K and “effective count” of 290K. The larger CCD with fewer pixels allows a smaller depth of field for intentional blurred backgrounds in some situations unattainable with the 1/6″ CCD. It also has greater light sensitivity, 1 lux vs. 7 lux for the 1/6″ CCD (without Night Shot), and less sensor noise in low light conditions.

Another example of these capabilities changing with pixel count may be seen in the TRV-150, 250, 350, and 351 Digital8 models and their TRV-118, 318, and 418 Hi8 cousins. Despite having the same size CCD and the same f1.6 lens, the lower pixel count Hi8 models permit a 1 lux low light rating as compared to the 4 lux of the Digital8 models. The Sony DCR-TRV730/828/830 (and the later DCR-TRV740/840), were the only Digital8 camcorders to be built with a 1/4.7-inch (4.5 mm) with advanced HAD (Hole Accumulation Diode)CCD. HAD is useful on smaller, high-megapixel-count CCDs and CMOSs. The pixel count for the TRV-730 is 1,070,000 pixels (690,000 in camera mode.)

Higher-end Digital8 equipment may minimize analog generation loss by offering the ability to playback and digitize legacy analog 8 mm Video8/Hi8 format recordings, but none will record in analog. There are limitations, since there are no linear audio heads, audio playback is limited to the Video8/Hi8 analog FM soundtrack recorded in theal through the camcorder’s FireWire and/or USB cable port, simplifying video file creation on computers equipped with video capturing hardware and software and FireWire equipped DVD recorders. The advantage of creating digital files using the cameras digital stream conversion is that the resulting files on the computer can be burned to DVDs as well as facilitating computerized digital editing and storage as video files. Loss-less digital editing can be achieved when utilizing the FireWire port between two similar Digital8 cameras. Digitizing legacy signals does not improve image quality, the resulting files have highly accurate sampling of the source audio and video quality of the Video8/Hi8 original.

The models of Digital8 camcorders released by Sony that are not capable of analog Video8/Hi8 playback (usually the lower-end models) include the following:

The models of Sony Digital8 camcorder that are capable of both digital and analog playback include these models: Additionally, all models released by Hitachi offer analogue playback.

Vrisko To Logo Na Zo

Vrisko To Logo Na Zo (Greek: Βρίσκω Το Λόγο Να Ζω; English: I find the reason to live) is the third Greek-language studio album and fifth studio album overall by Greek singer Elena Paparizou, released on June 12, 2008 by Sony BMG Greece. It was the first time that “DON – K” (Niclas Olausson and Toni Mavridis) had produced the entire album and that Paparizou had contributed to an album both musically and lyrically. It was also the first time that a duet was included on one of her solo albums.

The album was re-released on December 22, 2008 as Vrisko To Logo Na Zo: The Deluxe Edition. The Deluxe Edition comes in a special rectangular case that contains the original CD and case, the Summer tour DVD, as well as a bonus poster with various photos from her summer tour. There were originally plans to release the album once again as a “Special Edition” with additional tracks including the digital single “Tha Mai Allios”, as well as many of her songs from the 2009 MAD Secret Concert, six new duets, and a duet with the Italian band Silky Sunday called “Pothoi” (Siga Psithirista) water holder for running. However, plans were changed with Paparizou now planned to release a brand new Greek studio album in early 2010.

Paparizou reportedly said that she started writing songs with her team after the Christmas Holidays when she got back from Sweden. She also stated that the album was recorded between two countries Greece and Sweden, as well as in her professional home studio in Glyfada, Athens. In an interview on MAD TV, Paparizou said that she cooperated with very popular and prestigious producers. The main producers were Niclas Olausson and Toni Mavridis. Paparizou announced that all of the writers and composers who participated, such as Giorgos Sabanis who composed “To Fili Tis Zois”, Giorgos Moukidis who produced many of the Laika songs, Giannis Christodoulopoulos, Giannis Doksas who wrote the lyrics for the song “To Fili Tis Zois”, Eleana Vrahali who wrote the lyrics for the song “Porta Gia Ton Ourano”.

Paparizou described her album’s style “more rock than ever”. She also said that the album will contain songs with strong Greek elements from big producers such as Giorgos Moukidis and ballads from Eleana Vrahali. Finally she stated that it will be included two foreign covers one of which will be a duet but the songs are still kept secret. When the track list was revealed, the duet was announced to be “Papeles Mojados” with the Spanish flamenco-electronic band, Chambao. Overall, three of the 12 tracks on the album are covers, while “To Fili Tis Zois” was added as a bonus track. The photography of the cover is from Kostas Avgoulis who represents a new fresh Paparizou. In the interview on Orange fm 93.2 Elena said that in this album there are some of the hardest songs she has ever sung like “Mathe Prota N’Agapas” which is a powerful ballad. In the interview on NitroRadio Elena said that a new version of the song Pirotehnimata will released in order to promote the song in clubs and it would be more upbeat and dance.

The release date of the album changed many times. It was first announced by Paparizou in an interview on MAD TV that the album was going to be released on May 29, 2008, but it was pushed back and a new release date of June 6, 2008 was announced on Paparizou’s official Facebook. Several music stores, however, had posted a different one: June 5, 2008. Finally, in an interview on Orange FM on June 2, 2008, Paparizou stated that the album would be released on June 12, 2008, however, on June 11, 2008 the album was available through online download retailers such as the Greek iTunes. On June 13 it was released on all major European iTunes. The album was released as Vrisko To Logo Na Zo: The Deluxe Edition on December 22 to contain a bonus DVD. The DVD includes the Paparizou’s concert in Athens, which was held in September 2008. The director is Kostas Kapetanidis and this DVD consists of 19 solo songs performed by Helena and 3 duets performed by Helena, Stavento and Manos Pirovolakis. Furthermore best insulated water bottle, the DVD includes bonus backstage material, which consists of a Helena’s interview before the concert and the Helena’s rehearsal of the concert. The creative visual was made by MAD TV.

In an interview on MAD TV, Paparizou stated that she would start a summer tour across the large cities of Greece to promote it her new album with Manos Pirovolakis. The tour started in the end of June with two concerts and ended in September. Also notable was that Paparizou announced that she would conduct a Facebook chat with fans through her official account when the album is released and she asked from her fans to post their favorite song in her official account in order to sing it on the tour.

In an interview on the Madame Figaro, Paparizou stated that this is her third album and the best of her career. After finishing the recording sessions, Elena started full promo of the album. On 2 June 2008, Elena Paparizou was on the Greek radio station Orange fm 93.2, where she presented all her new songs for the first time. On 10 June 2008, Paparizou was on NitroRadio 102.5 at 1:00 pm where she talked about her new album.

On 11 June 2008, Paparizou was the guest in the show “Gros Plan” with host Nikos Aliagas which was shown on Alpha TV. Viewers will be able to watch the recording sessions and backstage from the new album. On 13 June 2008, Paparizou gave another interview on MAD radio 106.2 where she talked about the new album, her 6 nominations and she voted her favorite artists. On 16 June 2008, Paparizou performed in the final of the show So You Think You Can Dance where she performed older hits and new songs like “Porta Gia Ton Ourano”, “I Kardia Sou Petra” for the very first time in television. She also danced a sexy tango choreography with one of the judges, Jason Roditis.

On 17 June 2008, Paparizou performed at the Mad Video Music Awards 2008 where she won 2 of her 6 nominations. She performed a remix of the song Porta Gia Ton Ourano with Madonna’s 4 Minutes and with the group Stavento.

On July 15, 2008 Elena was on the Greek radio station Village 88.3. She talked about the tour and she revealed that the song “Pirotehnimata” will be the next single from the album. Thousands of fans all over the world sent messages via Internet expressing their love to Elena. She announced that she will give a concert in Lithuania in September. On July 23, 2008 Elena was on the Greek radio station Cosmoradio 95.1 where she said that she has started recording her new English album and it will be ready in 2009 water glass bottles. Also she stated that when the English album will be released, she will travel abroad for a while. On June 27, 2008 Elena appeared on the most popular morning show “Kafes Me Tin Eleni” on Alpha TV. She talked about the new album, the tour and she sang two songs only with piano.

In Spring 2009, Paparizou began a second series of concert in support of the album at Thalassa: People’s Stage, this time as the sole main act, featuring performances by the groups Stavento and 15:50.

As part of the promotion for the album, Paparizou completed her first big Summer tour around Greece. The tour ran from June 25 to September 19, 2008 and featured an entourage of 10 musicians, dancers, and modern lighting and stage design. The concert included songs from Vrisko To Logo Na Zo as well as old hits, and Paparizou was joined by Manos Pirovolakis. The slogan of the tour was “Arhizei To Party” (The Party Is Starting). Sfera Radio hosted a kick off party for Elena’s tour on June 25, 2008; at the same party, Paparizou received the gold certification of album and also a gold certification for the digital sales of “To Fili Tis Zois” as a digital download. The song is the first digital single which was certificated gold in Greece with over 30,000 downloads. A DVD of the tour was released as a part of the album’s re-release Vrisko To Logo Na Zo: The Deluxe Edition and will also be shown on Alpha TV in December 2008.

To further promote the album, the EP Helena Goes Clubbin’ was released in September 2008 by Sony Music Greece and features a compilation of the three covers from the album as well as the new radio edit of “Pirotehnimata”, and two remixes that were released to radios. The EP was promotional only and not available for purchase. Two songs from the promotional EP were released as promo singles, although these songs were not considered official singles from Vrisko To Logo Na Zo. The two remixes were from Paparizou’s performances at the MAD Video Music Awards 2008, and although the remixes were never officially released on an album, they were subsequently picked up by radio stations and achieved some airplay, while they were also made available as digital singles and ringtones. The songs are the same quality as the televised performances which were performed using a playback track.

“To Fili Tis Zois”

“Porta Gia Ton Ourano”

“I Kardia Sou Petra”


“Eisai I Foni”

“Papeles Mojados”

“Porta Gia Ton Ourano (MAD VMA Remix)”

“Mesa Sou (MAD VMA Remix)”

Vrisko To Logo Na Zo received generally mixed to average reviews from critics, lower than her previous Greek studio album, Iparhi Logos.

The album reached at number one on the Greek iTunes Store’s Top 10 Albums Chart only three days after its release and was certificated Gold by IFPI Greece after its first week in stores. On the week June 22 to June 28, 2008, the album debuted at number one on the Greek Albums Chart and remained there for five weeks becoming her fourth consecutive number one album. The album also charted in Cyprus for five weeks at number two.

After almost three months, it was announced on September 1, 2008 that the album was certified Platinum, with the certification party being held on September 16, 2008. During the week of August 31 to September 6, 2008, the album returned to number one on the albums chart.

The album was number two on both IFPI’s year-end charts- Top 50 Greek albums of 2008 and Top 50 Greek and Foreign Albums of 2008.

Thomas Mann Gymnasium (Budapest)

The German School of Budapest – Thomas Mann Gymnasium (DSB) (German: Deutsche Schule Budapest – Thomas Mann Gymnasium) is a private Germanschool in Budapest, Hungary. It is part of the network of German Auslandsschulen (German schools in foreign countries). The school was called “Deutsche Schule Budapest” until September 2004, but had to change its name to be recognized as an official school by the Hungarian government.

The former Deutsche Schule Budapest was re-established as the continuation of, first, the 1908 Reichsdeutsche Schule Budapest, and later, the German Government School in Budapest. The founders were Baden-Württemberg, the Federal Government of Germany, the City of Budapest and the Hungarian government, in succession to a tradition of German abroad schools in Hungary dating back to the late 19th century. Since then, it has evolved into a education facility for about 500 students, with forms from grade 1 to 4 (Grundschule) and 5 to 12 (Gymnasium). Kids from many different backgrounds attend the school. Expats, Germans-Hungarians, and also Hungarians who have little to no affiliation with Germany attend the school. It is generally considered to be one of the best schools of its kind in Budapest.

The school is part of the German federal education system and is accredited to issue the German Abitur/Reifeprüfung. At the same time, graduates of the Hungarian branch get the Hungarian Matura (Érettségi) as well. The education between the 5th and the 10th grade is split into two branches. The Hungarian branch (or S-branch, by which the S stands for Seiteneinstieg, meaning “side entry” in German) is for Hungarian students, with a main emphasis on the German language education, while the German branch (or A-branch) follows the regular curriculum of a German Gymnasium. In grade 9, the two branches are “mixed” and their curricula differ only in minor points. (Biology, Chemistry, Hungarian meat tenderizer injector, Hungarian History are all thaught in Hungarian as opposed to German)

The Headmaster of the DSB is currently Thomas Mahrenholtz. The school is co-governed by two Deputy Headmasters, the Hungarian Deputy Headmaster (currently Andras Kulcsar) and the German Deputy Headmaster (StR Sefa Tongul, in office since 2016). The coordinator for the 11th and 12th grades is Cornelia Hinz (Oberstufenkoordinatorin), and for the grades 7 through 10 it is Markus Schwander (Mittelstunfekoordinator). The Hungarian branch is coordinated by Lajos Mendly, as well as by Tamásné Horváth.

The DSB has a stringent academic curriculum, which is evidenced by a graduation rate of virtually 100%, and one of the highest admissions rates among Hungarian schools. Considering graduates enrolled at foreign institutions as well, the admissions rate is around 95%, currently equalled only by Fazekas. The science curriculum features biology, physics and chemistry as compulsory subjects throughout on at least supplementary level. A testimony to the level of science education is the large proportion of students in medicine and the sciences. The arts curriculum is unusual in that it focuses in all subjects on a comparative perspective between different cultures. So for example, when a given historical event is studied, its impact will be presented on both Hungarian and German history, and sources drawn from both regions will be called upon to evaluate the event. Students have significant choice in what path to follow within the requirements of a compulsory number of classes in creative arts. Students may generally opt for a course in music theory, or for a course in visual arts, which consists of a common compulsory history of art module, and either a set of classes exploring creative techniques, or a more project-based course, where students have to submit a project proposal, then realise it and reflect upon their results. Teachers at the school are generally proposed and delegated by the German Federal Ministry for Education (Kultus Minister Konferenz) and are confirmed by the school. In a number of cases, especially where Hungarian teachers are concerned, the school hires teachers directly from Hungary. In the majority of cases, several years’ experience at one of the highly reputable Hungarian secondary schools is a minimum requirement.

The school prides itself on its diversity, with students from many different ethnic and racial backgrounds attending the school. Albeit smaller than most other international schools in Budapest, it is proportionally more diverse and places more stress on a cosmopolitan education than on education to either of the countries’ culture only. National tensions are generally considered to be a thing of the past, and especially the higher forms (9-12) serve as examples of inter-cultural understanding, something that is emphasized in the compulsory Social Sciences course. The school is religiously independent, and offers Roman Catholic and Reformed religious education, as well as a confession-neutral course in ethics.

The DSB is one of currently nine Hungarian schools participating in the Model European Parliament project. Students of the DSB have participated in several international and national projects. The Class of ’05 won a first prize on the Federal Competition of Political Education in 2003, and the school had several contestants in the finals of the prestigious OKTV competition in the last few years. The school has close links to the prestigious , a two-weeks research scholarship program for annually twenty high school student, organised by the state foundation of Lower Saxony, the .

Following the concept of education to a well-rounded personality, the school emphasises the importance of athletics. The school football team is one of the best school teams in Budapest, frequently playing (and defeating) other international schools in the area. The basketball first team has also had notable successes recently, not the least thanks to the annual student-teacher match on the last school day before Christmas break, widely attended by almost the whole student population.

The girls’ volleyball team is also one of the best school teams in the area, represented in almost every major high school level tournament. Minority sports, such as hockey, similarly enjoy popularity as part of the very diverse PE curriculum. Four square (know as Tengo at the school) are popular with the lower grades.

Named after one-time school coach and PE teacher Gábor Gombocz, the Gombocz-Runde is a 1,3 km cross country run on an area near the school with extreme inclines and uphill parts. As such, it is strenuous exercise even for generally fit pupils. Tradition has it that every pupil has to run it at least once a term to pass in PE, although this has lately been abandoned. The run itself nevertheless remains part of the PE curriculum. It is partly due to the tradition of the Gombocz-Runde that Thomas Mannians are regularly seen at various city marathons and charity runs. Gombocz doesn’t run with the pupils, he sits on a chair the pupils have to carry. The run always takes place in the hot summer of Hungary.

The Adventsbasar is a flea market co-organised by the Parents’ Conference that takes place in early December, but always after Szalagavató. It is a Christmas-themed event where most forms get a stall and sell pancakes, mulled wine, and various trinkets. The income usually goes to charity. The Adventsbasar is widely attended by alumni and has recently become a social event for more recent alumni to meet up.

Once finalists have passed their first semester of finals year and are admitted to leaving examinations, they are allowed to wear a distinctive bright-blue ribbon on their coats. The Szalagavató is the ceremony when the ribbons are officially handed over to the pupils. The Szalagavató takes place usually in late November to early December, and marks the final stage of a pupil’s school career. It is usually a white tie event taking place in the school, commonly presided over by the German Ambassador to Budapest or another high-ranking state officer.

Ballagás is the actual ceremony of leaving school, on the last day of ordinary school schedules for the finalists. It takes place on the last Friday before the start of the preparatory and examination period, at the end of which the oral parts of the leaving examinations are taken. Finalists march through classrooms decorated with flowers for this purpose, singing traditional commercium songs, such as Gaudeamus Igitur.

The school owns a holiday house in Gárdony, on the shore of Lake Velence. The house can accommodate 34 people, and has a fully equipped kitchen, community rooms, and sports equiptement. It is a favorite destination for weekend form excursions during term-time.

Due to its international traditions, the school has several idiosyncratic expressions, from both German and Hungarian.

Abistreich – Some usually harmless prank perpetrated by students before the end of their final year.
Mensa – the school dining hall.
Delix – a shop close enough to the school to be able to get there and back again in the 20-minutes period breaks, selling reasonably priced food and drink.
Aquarium – Group room 1, overlooking the entrance hall, with so many windows that it actually appears from the distance like a glass aquarium / also a room next to the teachers lounge.
128/155 – The buses that run between Széll Kálmán tér and the school.
L128 (short for Linie 128) – The independent school newspaper. Published every two weeks in termtime, it features news, an art section and interviews with a different teacher in each edition.
Vadászház – Originally meaning huntsman’s lodge, it was the first school house. Currently houses the preparatory school.
Aula – from lat. aula = hall: the school meeting hall, houses a large stage and is capable to accommodate all students and faculty. It is usually used for the headmaster’s start-of-term and end-of-term address.
Vertretung – Substitute classes. A daily published plan for cancelled and substituted classes is displayed next to the main entrance to the central building, as generally the first thing one sees when entering the central building.
Amphitheater – A circular, open-air stage in the school park.
Wandertag – Weekdays selected by the school for open-air excursions. Explorations in the surrounding mountains are popular with lower grades, while higher grades usually attend careers events.
SMV – The schools’ student government, currently occupied by Petra Ovari, Lisa van der Looij, and Marko Jelasity.
Deutsche Geschichte (DG) – German history classes. Used to distinguish it from Hungarian history classes, for students who are taking both.
Projektwoche – The week (usually) at the start of Easter term discount football tops, when instead of regular classes, students work on projects in cross-grade teams.
Moszkva tér – currently Széll Kálmán tér, formerly known as Moszkva tér.
Zwaiiii – used by the Graduating class of 2017, quote by David the King.

Classes are formally named after the subject, but usually referred to by students by name of the teacher. Teachers, regardless of nationality and family status, are addressed by Herr/Frau and last name (i.e. Herr Schmitt, Frau Müller)

DSB students graduate with good results and almost all of them proceed to select universities and facilities of further education. The graduation rate is virtually 100%, the admissions rate above 95%. In the last years, the DSB sent students to universities in the UK, Germany, the United States, and Austria.

Alumni of the schools are represented in business, sports and public life of both countries.

Mongolia, Ontario

Mongolia is an historical community in Markham, Ontario centred on 10th Line (Reesor Rd.) and Elgin Mills Rd. East, immediately south of the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville. The hamlet lies completely within the expropriated federal Pickering Airport lands and also within the proposed boundaries of a future national Rouge Park.

The first settler at Mongolia was Peter de Guerre (Degeer), 1772-1827, a French Huguenot, who acquired lot 265, conc. 9 in 1801 and lot 25, conc. 9 in 1803. Pennsylvania Dutch (Mennonite) families began to settle in the area in the 1820s. In 1824, a tavern licence was granted using the name California Corners.

During the Upper Canada Rebellion, William Lyon Mackenzie’s troops apparently designated a large elm tree in Mongolia on Elgin Mills/ 18th Ave, between the conc. 9 and 10 as a rallying point. The Mackenzie’s supporters raised a flag on the tree and drove a keg of spikes into the tree to prevent the opposition from cutting it down; the elm stood until 1973.

In 1865, David Nighswander (lot 25, conc. 10) requested a post office for the community, and chose the name “Mongolia” from a list of possible names after he was told the name “California” was already in use in Canada. The community had a general store, an inn (which burned down in 1870), a blacksmith shop, wagon-making shop designer water bottles, a cobbler shop freezing water bottles, and a Temperance Hall. In the early years, school was held in the general store at the corners. In 1855, a wooden-frame school (S.S. #22) was built on the east side of the 10th Line on lot 26. In 1882, a new school was built on the west side of 10 Line on lot 26, and it remained in use until 1964. Beside the original schoolhouse was a Wesleyan Methodist church which existed for only short time; it was torn down and moved to conc. 9 in 1877.

When the rail lines to Stouffville and Claremont by-passed Mongolia, the area reverted to farmland.

In March 1972, the federal government announced plans for a future international airport on the Pickering side of the York-Durham Line. The lands around Mongolia were expropriated for the Pickering Airport. The last merchant in Mongolia closed his business on Dec. 31, 1974. Very few original families live in the area; most of the homes in Mongolia have been boarded or demolished. The land has been rented by the federal government to local farmers since expropriation.

In 2011 the federal government announced plans for a national Rouge Park that could also include the expropriated federal lands west of the York-Durham Line, including the land around Mongolia.